The Minnekahada is 9.50 miles on the road with hilly terrain.
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
If you've never done this route, it might be a good idea to go with someone who is familiar with it. Minnekahada has lots of twists & turns and it's easy to feel like you're getting lost... This is a great confidence builder run, in more ways than one!
The mileage noted for this route is approximate.
- Turn LEFT out of the Y parking lot and follow 6th to Walnut
- Turn LEFT on Walnut and go over the Walnut Street Bridge
- Keep going straight across the bridge and climb Forest Avenue
- Stay on Forest, passing the Fire Station on your right
- Bear RIGHT on Mississippi Avenue
- Turn LEFT on Summer Street
- At the bottom of Summer Street, several streets intersect - follow Dartmouth to Hixson Pike
- Cross Hixson Pike and bear RIGHT toward Green Life
- Turn LEFT on Riverview Road in front of Green Life
- Pass Riverview Park (the park will be on your right - it has water and bathrooms!) staying on Riverview Road
- Turn RIGHT on Oakwood Lane
- Take Oakwood to Minnekahada
- Follow Minnekahada to Hixson Pike
- Turn LEFT on Hixson Pike and follow it in to Riverview (Golden Gallon for water/bathroom)
- Continue on Hixson Pike and turn LEFT on Dugdale
- From Dugdale turn RIGHT on Young Avenue
- Follow Young to Carroll where you turn LEFT
- From Carroll take a RIGHT on Sterling
- Sterling will take you to the GPS entrance (water fountain on corner of Sterling)
- Turn RIGHT off Sterling and head to Barton Avenue
- Take a LEFT on Barton and cross Veteran's Bridge
- When you reach 6th Street take a RIGHT and head back to the Y
- That's it!