The Bridges and State Line - 18 miler is 18.00 miles on the road with mixed terrain.
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
There is a CONOCO on Broad Street where you can get water/Powerade ($) and use the rest room.
Summary - We are starting with Veteran's and Walnut bridges, and then taking Riverfront to Broad and heading out through St. Elmo, 2.1 miles past the state line and then back. Total distance = 18 miles +- a tenth or so. - Up 6th to Georgia, LEFT on Georgia
- Cross Veteran's Bridge, LEFT on Frazier Avenue
- Frazier to Market, LEFT on Market
- Market to 2nd, RIGHT on 2nd
- 2nd to Chestnut to Riverfront Parkway, LEFT on Riverfront
- Follow Riverfront all the way to Broad Street, RIGHT on Broad Street
- Follow Broad Street to Tennessee Avenue, LEFT on Tennessee Avenue
- Follow Tennessee Avenue to the Civil War Museum and then bear right onto St. Elmo St.
- Follow St. Elmo Street through St. Elmo to the CONOCOat the state line
- Just past the state line, bear RIGHT off 193 and take the "side road" (no name, it's just the first right) out another 2.1 miles past the state line
- The turn-around mark is where you find three side by side power-line towers on the left side of the road, and Rock Creek Rd. on the right
- Return by the same route through St. Elmo
- When you get to Broad, take Broad all the way in to 6th
- LEFT on 6th, and back to the Y!