The Moccasin Bend via the Loft is 10.00 miles on the road with flat terrain.
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
- Turn LEFT out of the Y and take a LEFT on Chestnut St
- When you reach 2nd Street turn RIGHT then LEFT on Market St, going over Market Street Bridge
- LEFT on to Cherokee Blvd and go to the The Loft (restaurant)
- At The Loft take a LEFT on W. Manning St.
- Follow W. Manning St under the freeway overpass and veer LEFT where Manning turns in to Whitehall Rd
- Stay on Whitehall Rd going over RR tracks (you will see the manufacturing area to your left)
- Whitehall Rd turns into Riverside Ave - you will reach the corner of Riverside Ave and Manufacturers Rd
- At the STOP sign continue straight going up the hill and over more RR tracks
- When you come to the Y in the road, veer LEFT and go downhill toward Moccasin Bend
- Turn LEFT when you reach the intersection of Riverside Ave and Moccasin Bend Rd
- Continue down Moccasin Bend Rd to the hospital while you pass the water treatment plant and golf course (Water) on your right
- Go through the hospital gates (Water/bathrooms in the main building) and veer RIGHT and RIGHT again to the Winston Building
- Circle the Winston Building and exit the hospital grounds through the gates
- Continue running back on Moccasin Bend Rd passing the golf course (Water) on your left
- At the water treatment plant turn RIGHT on to Hamm Rd
- Continue down Hamm Rd (passing David F Moore & Associates where there is a (Water faucet) to Manufacturers Rd
- Turn RIGHT and stay on Manufacturers Rd until you reach Cherokee Blvd
- Turn RIGHT on Cherokee Blvd then RIGHT on Market St, going over the bridge
- Turn RIGHT on 2nd St following it to Chestnut where you turn LEFT
- Follow Chestnut to 6th and turn RIGHT back to the Y!