The Raccoon Mountain 13.5 miler is 13.50 miles on the road with hilly terrain.
The starting point for this route is: Bi-lo parking lot on Browns Ferry Road
Comments about this route:
1 ½ miles can be added on in the middle of the route
- Start at the Bi-lo parking lot
- Go left onto Browns Ferry Rd.
- Turn left onto Raccoon Trail. (or stay on Browns Ferry another block or two for convience store for drinks)
- Turn left onto Elder Mtn. Rd. (watch for cars)
- Go up the mountain and turn left into the TVA Raccoon Mtn. Project
- Stay left and go through the main gate (3.3 miles) and up the mountain.
- At the top of the mountain bear right.
- Turn into Visitor’s Center for bathrooms and water fountain
- Come back out of Visitor’s Center and and turn right (can turn right towards Laurel Point picnic are for another 1 ½ miles)
- Follow the loop back to the top of the mountain
- Turn right and follow the same route back down the mountain and to Bi-Lo.