|The Four Sisters - 13.3 Miler is 13.30
miles on the road with hilly
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
This is a modification of the Three Sisters route. The primary modification is that the route starts by going up Dallas via Market Street Bridge instead of Forest via Walnut Street Bridge. Once atop Dallas, the route crosses back to Hixson Pike and goes down the the Riverview Park to run the Chase Course. Additionally, Forest comes at the end, once back on Frazier the route goes up Forest and turns left on Sylvan at the Firehall to return to Dallas and back to the YMCA via Market.
See map of route here: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2150429.
Turn by Turn:
- Turn LEFT out of the Y parking lot and follow 6th to Market
- Cross Market and continue up Dallas Road
- At the top of Dallas (High School is on the left) bend right and contine to follow Dallas and then East Dallas back to Hixson Pike
- RIGHT on Hixson Pike (cross Hixson to get on the sidewalk)
- LEFT onto Dorchester to the Riverview Park for water and restrooms
- Pass Riverview Park (the park will be on your right - it has water and bathrooms!) staying on Dorchester Road
- One block past the park, Dorchester turns RIGHT while Riverview Rd. bends left. Turn RIGHT and Follow Dorchester
- Go two blocks on Dorchester and turn LEFT onto Concord (no choice here)
- Go one block and turn LEFT onto North Ave. (no choice here either)
- Go one block and turn LEFT onto Devonshire (getting dizzy yet?)
- Go one block and turn RIGHT back onto Dorchester. Go another block and then turn
- RIGHT onto Riverview Road
- Follow Riverview Road past the golf course on the right, the river on the right and up the hill until you reach a fork at the top where Riverview bends left, Sunset Rd goes straight and Minnekahada bends right
- Go STRAIGHT onto Sunset Rd. - at the crest of Sunset, there is a water fountain next to Abner Oldham's mailbox on the left. After getting some water, finish heading down Sunset
- Turn RIGHT at the bottom of Sunset onto Shady Circle (no sign at the intersection) and go one block to the next intersection where you cross the intersection and go
- STRAIGHT up the hill (Woodhill Drive, but no street sign again) which will crest and come back down to Hixson Pike.
- RIGHT onto Hixson Pike, go a block and turn
- RIGHT onto Minnekahada. Climb Minnekahada all the way to the top where you will find road heading downill with a sign on the left stating in bold: "Turn Here STOP Gate Closed"
- Continue on down the hill. When you reach the gate, take the walking path on the right around the gate and continue down Minnekahada until it reconnects at the intersection you came to earlier at Riverview and Sunset.
- Turn LEFT onto Riverview Road
- Follow Riverview back to the park after the golf course
- Turn LEFT onto Sterling and then RIGHT toward the park (water and bathrooms)
- Turn LEFT onto Young. Follow Young to the top and then turn LEFT, go one block and
- Turn RIGHT on Sterling
- Sterling will take in front of GPS
- LEFT on Island Ave. to run behind GPS
- RIGHT on Dickerson (dead end, no choice)
- Follow Dickerson to FEHN and bend RIGHT back up onto Frazier
- LEFT on Frazier
- RIGHT on Forest and climb Forest Avenue
- Stay on Forest, until the Fire Station on your right
- LEFT onto Sylvan, head downhill to Dallas
- LEFT onto Dallas
- Dallas becomes Market, cross Market Street Bridge
- When you reach 6th Street take a RIGHT and head back to the Y
- That's it!