|The St. Elmo & Moccasin Bend Golf Course is 24.00
miles on the road with flat
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
This route is basically a longer St. Elmo/state-line route for 17, and then another 7 miler from the Y to Mocassin Bend Golf Course and back. There are some water stops on this route, but it can also be a good idea to bring $ for the Conoco at the state line & the store at the golf course if you want drinks and/or food at those stops.
Summary - This route starts with the Walnut and Market bridges and then heads out
Riverfront to Broad and on out through St. Elmo, 2.1 miles past the state line
and then returns back to the Y for the 1st 17. It then heads back out across Market & down to the golf course and back.
- Up 6th to Walnut, LEFT on Walnut
- Cross Walnut Street Bridge, LEFT on Frazier
- Frazier to Market, LEFT on Market
- Market to 2nd, RIGHT on 2nd
- 2nd to Chestnut to Riverfront, LEFT on Riverfront
- Follow Riverfront all the way to Broad Street, RIGHT on Broad Street
- Follow Broad Street to Tennessee Avenue, LEFT on Tennessee Avenue
- Follow Tennessee to the bottom of Lookout just past the Civil War Museum
where Tennessee bears left and St. Elmo bears right. Bear RIGHT and follow
- Follow St. Elmo Street through St. Elmo to the CONOCO at the state
line - WATER/POWERADE (need $)
- Just past the state line, bear RIGHT off 193 and take the "side road" (no
name, it's just the first right) out another 2.1 miles past the state line.
- The turn-around mark is where you find three side by side power-line
towers on the left side of the road, and Rock Creek Rd. on the right.
- Return by the same route through St. Elmo.
- When you get to Broad, take Broad all the way in to 6th.
- LEFT on 6th, and back to the Y - (water, bathrooms)
- Head out from Y down 6th
- LEFT on Market
- LEFT on Manufacturers Road to Hamm Road
- LEFT on Hamm Road
- Follow Hamm Road (water faucet at David F. Moore & Associates tan brick building on left) to Moccassin
Bend Road where you turn LEFT
- Take Moccassin Bend Road to Moccassin Bend Golf Club on the right -
WATER/POWERADE (need $)
- Return to Y by the same route!