|The State Line 14-18 Miler is 16.00
miles on the road with flat
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
- Take 6th to Chestnut and turn LEFT
- Take Chestnut to Riverfront Parkway and turn LEFT onto Riverfront
- Follow Riverfront past Ross's Landing to the entrance to the Riverwalk past Marine Max and just before the SpringHIill Suites Hotel on Riverfront
- Turn RIGHT onto the Riverwalk
- Follow the Riverwalk for 3 miles until it ends on St. Elmo
- RIGHT onto St. Elmo to Broad Street at the bottom of Lookout.
- Cross Broad St. and continue on St. Elmo to the Incline (fluids usually next building just past Incline)
- Cross St. Elmo and get onto the asphalt trail that will become Virginia Ave.
- Follow Virginia until it dead-ends onto 55th.
- LEFT on 55th and immediate RIGHT onto Buelah (parallels Virginia and is an alternate, if desired)
- RIGHT onto Tennessee when Buelah ends
- Follow Tennessee until 58th.
- RIGHT onto 58th and LEFT onto St. Elmo
- Cross St. Elmo to the CONOCO at the State Line (WATER/POWERADE/BATHROOM - need $)
- Continue past the state line a little less than 1/10th of a mile to where 193 bears left and Chattanooga Valley bears right (there's no road sign indicating Chattanooga Valley)
- BEAR RIGHT onto Chattanooga Valley (the road with no sign...)
- Pipe Shop road = .6 miles (from the state line)
- Straight street = .8 miles
- .85 miles down Chattanooga Valley there are some new houses on the left. Morse Drive, on the left, is after the last house
- Morse Drive = .9 miles - start looking for the mailbox on your right numbered 915 (Used to be the GLADDEN mailbox, for those who remember...)
- At mailbox 915, continue 1 more mile to power lines / - cooler on Rock Creek Road road at right / TURNAROUND
- Return by the same route through St. Elmo and onto the Riveralk to Riverfront and then back to the Y