|The Red Bank and Moccasin Bend 14-18+ miler is 18.00
miles on the road with mixed
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
This route is essentially a combination of the Red Bank route and the Moccasin Bend route. It is designed to allow runners to get distances anywhere from 14-18+ miles.
From the Y
- Take 6th to Market and turn LEFT
- Once over Market Street Bridge turn LEFT on Cherokee Blvd
- Go through the Cherokee tunnel
- Take the first RIGHT on to Ashmore Avenue (water and bathroom at EMT
- Follow Ashmore to Memorial Drive
- Turn LEFT on Memorial Drive then RIGHT on Lyndon
- Follow Lyndon to Culver where you turn LEFT toward Dayton Blvd
- Stay on Dayton Blvd until you turn RIGHT on Harding
- Take a LEFT on Greenwich until you see Newberry
- Turn LEFT on Newberry and go to the Golden Gallon -- [ turn around and return here, if just going 14 or so ][
- Turn RIGHT on Redding Road and go one more mile
- The turn around point is at the park on the left where you see the water fountain, bathroom, and gazebo
- Return to the the EMT and then Cherokee Blvd. the way you came out.
- RIGHT onto Cherokee at Cherokee and Ashmorem cross street and go 1 block
- LEFT onto E. Frontage Road and then immediate
- RIGHT onto W. Elmwood Dr. to head back to Pineville Road.
- LEFT onto Pineville Road.
- 14 and 16 milers, go to the golf course (14 milers would have turned back from RB route at the Golden Gallon) and then turn back
- 18 milers go to Mocassin Bend guard house and then turn back
- return by Pineville to Hamm Road
- RIGHT onto Hamm Road
- RIGHT onto Manufacturers Road
- RIGHT onto Cherokee Blvd.
- RIGHT onto Market Street Bridge
- RIGHT onto 6th Street
- Return to the Y!