|The 6.5 Mile Warmup and Chattanooga Half Marathon is 20.00
miles on the road with mixed
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
It might be worth coordinating parking at the stadium if you don't want to have to walk/jog/run back to the Y after the race.
The 6.5-mile warm-up is basically the Y to Market to GPS (via River Street under Veterans) to the Park at the bottom of Young, then back up Young to GPS to Veterans to Martin Luther King to Broad to Main to Carter Street to the Stadium.
Here are the details:
- Head out from the Y to Market
- LEFT onto Market and cross Market Street Bridge
- RIGHT onto Frazier
- RIGHT on Tremont (as if you're headed to the Chattanooga Theater)
- LEFT on River Street, go 1.5 blocks, jog LEFT and then RIGHT and head up the hill under Veteran's
- Near the top of the hill (about 75 yards up) turn RIGHT onto Frazier Ave (runs behind GPS)
- Follow Frazier until it ends, and turn LEFT onto Island Ave.
- Go 200 yards and turn RIGHT onto Sterling Ave. (WATER FOUNTAIN ON RIGHT at the start of Sterling)
- Follow Sterling to Carroll and turn LEFT onto Carroll
- Go one block and turn RIGHT onto Young Ave.
- At the bottom of Young, get water at the park, turn around and come back up Young
- LEFT onto Carroll
- RIGHT onto Sterling Ave. (WATER FOUNTAIN ON LEFT at the end of Sterling)
- RIGHT onto Island
- LEFT onto Barton Ave.
- Cross Veterans bridge and go all the way to Martin Luther King
- RIGHT onto MLK
- LEFT onto Broad, follow broad all the way to Main Street
- RIGHT onto Main Street to Carter Street
- LEFT onto Carter Street
- Follow Carter to the Stadium