|The State Line is 12.50
miles on the road with flat
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
There are three Conoco/GG/FM's on this route, as well as some fast food places at the bottom of the mountain. The Conoco at the state line and the one on Broad Street each have public restrooms. Bring $ if you want to get PowerAde, etc.
- Take 6th to Chestnut and turn LEFT
- Take Chestnut to Riverfront Parkway and turn LEFT onto Riverfront
- Follow Riverfront past Ross's Landing to the entrance to the Riverwalk past Marine Max and just before the SpringHIill Suites Hotel on Riverfront
- Turn RIGHT onto the Riverwalk
- Follow the Riverwalk for 3 miles until it ends on St. Elmo
- RIGHT onto St. Elmo to Broad Street at the bottom of Lookout.
- Cross Broad St. and continue on St. Elmo to the Incline (fluids usually next building just past Incline)
- Cross St. Elmo and get onto the asphalt trail that will become Virginia Ave.
- Follow Virginia until it dead-ends onto 55th.
- LEFT on 55th and immediate RIGHT onto Buelah (parallels Virginia and is an alternate, if desired)
- RIGHT onto Tennessee when Buelah ends
- Follow Tennessee until 58th.
- RIGHT onto 58th and LEFT onto St. Elmo
- Cross St. Elmo to the CONOCO at the State Line (WATER/POWERADE/BATHROOM - need $)
- TURN BACK AT THE CONOCO and return to the Y by the same route