|The Komen 9-mile warmup + 3 mile race is 12.00
miles on the road with mixed
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
This route is meant to provide a 9-mile warm-up for marathon trainers wishing to participate in the Komen Chattanooga Race for the Cure (http://www.chattanoogaraceforthecure.com).
Summary: Head out toward Red Bank on Cherokee, turn right onto Asmore, to Memorial, up to City high, to Mississipi, to Forest, to Frazier, to Veterans, to McCallie, to Palmetto to the race start at the Challenger Center at UTC (Palmetto and 5th).
- 6th Street to Market Street
- LEFT after Market Street Bridge onto Cherokee
- follow Cherokee through the tunnel
- Turn RIGHT onto Ashmore Avenue (first right after the tunnel)
- Stay on Ashmore until you get to Memorial Drive where you turn RIGHT
- Follow Memorial Drive past the Duck Pond and Ashwood Apartments on your left.
- Memorial bends right and becomes White Oak as you continue on toward City High School
- Stay on White Oak until it becomes Arden Avenue as it starts up a small hill up to Berkley Circle.
- At the top of Arden, take a quick LEFT then a quick RIGHT onto Old Dallas Road to come out at the foot of City High School.
- Follow Old Dallas Road downhill to the Middle School where you will turn LEFT onto Mississippi Avenue
- Take Mississippi Avenue to Forest Avenue (Bear RIGHT at the Y in the road)
- Follow Forest to Frazier Avenue
- Turn LEFT on Frazier Avenue
- Turn RIGHT at the Veterans Street Bridge, cross the bridge
- Stay straight on Georgia Ave. after crossing the bridge until McCallie Ave.
- Turn LEFT onto McCallie Ave. Follow McCallie to Palmetto (end of UTC).
- Turn LEFT onto Palmetto
- Turn LEFT onto 5th - Race start is at the McKenzie Arena!