|The Moccasin Bend/Red Bank/NorthChatt - 10 miler is 10.00
miles on the road with mixed
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
Water is avaiable at:
David F. Moore and Associates on Hamm Road
The EMT Station on Ashmore
Water fountain on downtown side of Walnut Street Bridge
- 6th Street to Walnut
- LEFT on Walnut
- Go over Walnut Street Bridge and turn LEFT on to Cherokee
- LEFT from Cherokee Blvd on to Manufacturers Road
- Follow Manufacturers Road to Hamm Road where you turn LEFT
- Follow Hamm Road to Pineville Road and turn RIGHT on Pineville
***(Water at David F. Moore and Associates on Hamm Road)
- Take Pineville Road to W. Elmwood where you will run over RR tracks
- Follow W. Elmwood which turns into E. Elmwood.
- Continue down E. Elmwood where you will approach a little hill before coming up near Dayton Blvd. You will see Dayton Blvd. on your LEFT.
- Go to Dayton Blvd. and cross the road immediately
- See Ashmore Avenue on your LEFT and turn on Ashmore Ave.
***(Water at EMT Station on Ashmore)
- Stay on Ashmore until you get to Memorial Drive where you turn RIGHT
- Follow Memorial Drive toward Chattanooga School Center for Creative Arts (the old City High School). (You will pass Ashwood Apartments on your left and Jehova Witness on your right.)
- Bear right at the next intersection and continue until you come out on Old Dallas Road at the foot of Chattanooga School Center for Creative Arts (the old City High School).
- Follow Old Dallas Road down hill to the Middle School where you will turn LEFT on Mississippi Avenue
- Take Mississippi Avenue to Forest Avenue (Bear RIGHT at the Y in the road)
- Follow Forest to Frazier Avenue
- Cross over Frazier and go over the Walnut Street Bridge
***(Water fountain as you come off bridge)
- Follow Walnut to 6th Street
- Turn RIGHT on 6th Street and return to the Y