|The Missionary Ridge Race + there and back... is 16.00
miles on the road with hilly
The starting point for this route is: Downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
See the Chattanooga Track Club web site for this year's race info.
From the downtown YMCA:
- Head out 6th and cross the Market Street Bridge
- Turn RIGHT onto Frazier, head up to Veterans
- Turn RIGHT onto Veterans, cross Veterans and continue straight on Georgia
- Remain on Georgia past McCallie, MLK and the Post Office until Georgia ends by merging with Market
- Continue on Market all the way to Main Street (just past the Choo Choo)
- Turn LEFT onto Main
- Follow Main all the way to Dodds Ave.
- Cross Dodds and continue uphill on Main to Missionary Ridge
- Stay on Main until it dead-ends at Seminole at the top of the Ridge
- RIGHT on Seminole, cross the bridge and then immediately turn RIGHT on South Crest
- Go about another .1 miles to the race start on your LEFT at Bragg Reservation
- Run the race route
- After the finish, return to the Y by following Main Street all the way down to Chestnut
- RIGHT on Chestnut until 6th
- LEFT on 6th, return to the Y!