|The 1/2 Marathon route +3 is 16.00
miles on the road with mixed
The starting point for this route is: downtown YMCA
Comments about this route:
-Starts corner of Walnut/3rd ST in front of Police Dept.
- across Walnut Bridge – exit right, then down stairs to River Street
-go left on River Street – heading the wrong way up hill beside GPS School (Frazier Ave)
-this road turns into Island Avenue – go straight, then first right onto Sterling.
-go to end of Sterling – turn right onto Carroll Lane – this becomes Fairhills
-to to end of Fairhills, turn right onto Young Ave.
-go to end of Young Avenue – Riverview Park is straight ahead, turn right onto Terrace then left onto Sterling, then right onto Dorchester.
-from Dorchester – bear to the right, going around the loop of houses – approx .55 miles
-Loop puts you back on Dorchester –take a right onto Riverview Road – go the top of the hill where Riverview intersects Falmouth – turn around, come back down Riverview Rd.
-Follow Riverview road around, back to Dorchester
– turn left onto Sterling, right onto Terrace, then left onto Young.
– turn left onto Fairhills/Carroll, then left back onto Sterling.
– turn left onto Island, down hill beside GPS, back to River Street.
-From River Street
– turn right onto stairs leading up to Walnut Bridge, go across the Bridge and continue on Walnut Street to the corner of 3rd/Walnut.
-From 3rd/Walnut – turn left onto Third Street, continue on Third Street, then left onto Mabel Street and then head onto the RiverWalk.
-Continue on the Riverwalk to Boathouse Restaurant
– exit right into the parking lot, just before the Boathouse Rest onto Amnicola Hwy,
-From Boathouse Parking lot
– turn left onto Amincola Hwy, travel approx 1.2 miles to Industrial Park – this is the turn around at the entrance of the RiverPark.
-Turnaround and head back on Amincola Hwy to Boathouse Parking lot, back left onto Riverwalk
– proceed on Riverwalk to Mabel Street.
-From Mabel Street, turn right onto Third Street
– stay on Third Street to the corner of Third and Market
– turn left onto Market to the finish line in front of Chattanooga Lifestyle Center/Sports Barn.