|The Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon is 26.20
miles on the road with flat
The starting point for this route is: Oakwood Baptist Church on Oakwood Drive in Chickam
Comments about this route:
- From the front of Oakwood Baptist church head North on Oakwood St.
- Turn right ( east ) on Meyers St.
- Turn left ( north) on Wilder Rd.
- Follow Wilder Rd across the Hwy 27 Bybass into the park.
- At Wilder tower turn left across the RR tracks to Lytle Rd.
- Head right (north) on Lytle Rd till it ends at Chickamauga-Vittatoe Rd.
- Turn right (south) on Chick-Vitt to Glenn-Kelly Rd intersection, at the recreation field.
- Turn left (north) follow Glenn Kelly across Lafayette Rd onto Alexander Bridge Rd.
- Head Southeast on Alexander Bridge Rd past Brotherton Road and Vinyard-Alexader Rd.
- Cross Alexander Bridge and bear south 0.5 mile on Mag Williams Road.
- Turnaround and head Northwest back to Alexander Bridge.
- At Brotherton Road turn left (west).
- Cross Lafayette road and stay west on Dyer Rd.
- At Glen Kelly turn left (south) to Chickamauga-Vittatoe Rd, turn right (northwest) back to Dyer Road.
- Turn right on Dyer (east) to Glenn-Kelly.
- Turn left (north) repeat the course from earlier till you return to the intersection of Dyer and - Glenn-Kelly.
- The second time turn left (south) on Glen Kelly to Wilder Road and proceed back to Oakwood Baptist Church.